Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

What do You see in a Sunset?



Last nite I saw this amazing sky with JD while driving to work.  It is often that he and I notice sunsets and cool clouds.  He tried to take a photo for me on his new phone and he hasn't yet even read the manual.  Out of a moving auto, I think he did great.  Unfortunately, there isn't a camera or anything that can equally depict the glory of God in the heavens above us on many a night.   4S!  So, last nite, a train (a super long and heavy train) decided to stop and linger for a good 10 minutes,  so I had plenty of time to truly take the sunset in and I prayed that the Lord would just help me to stop and take in whatever He wanted me to receive and here is what I observed:

I was drawn to the many colors above me in the sky.  The background sky was it's normal sky blue and layered over the top were these "cloud stripes" that most resembled the lines within a seashell.  Just stretching across the sky in these beautiful stripes of blue, and green, red, but most of all, PINK, and every aspect of the color of PINK - the salmon, the magenta, to put those together on a canvas would have an artist thrown out of art school.  Those colors absolutely do not make any sense together and yet, when God does it, it's just breathtakingly beautiful!  OMG!  I was truly in awe of God as an Artist in that moment.  The great artists like Monet, Van Gogh.... they appreciated color and were both known for mixing their own colors and I thought to myself, " That's the message, isn't it, God"?  He began to show me through the continuation of the sunset before me, that with time and the wind, those many clouds began to turn and run away, leaving others behind to try and hold down the design in the sky.  But their efforts were in vain, as the dispersal revealed that each of those clouds were gray in color.  All of them.  All that time, I realized that it was the LIGHT, and how the cloud RECEIVED the light, was what gave each the illusion that they possessed their own color.  The simple truth seemed to stun me.   I think that I am a colorful person, and I see all kinds, and love all kinds of colorful people.   It came as really no surprise that all along, I was seeing how they "reflected" God's light.   How cool is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment