Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Advice for Beginning a Marriage

I've got a couple of nieces that have just married two soldiers.  Wow!  Exciting times are ahead for them both.  I was wishing on a star about 3 months ago, that there would be a way for me to give them some very sound and solid Christian advice as it pertains to marriage.  As you already know, I've been married for 26 years (in a month 27) to the same guy and it has taken some work on both of our parts.  I really hated the people who would just scare the pants off of you when you were just starting out.  The ones who were like, "OMG! You're actually thinking about marriage?  Aren't you scared it's a mistake?"  oh, yeah, that's helpful, thanks!  Of course, we are all scared that we've made a mistake - at first.  That's just it.... it takes a lifetime to completely put someone's mind at ease that you aren't going away.  You have to have gone through some ugly days and nights stuff together and come out the other end of it in tact... together.... always working on learning your partner's responses to certain things.  How does he act when he is really stressed financially?  If the man needs some down time - give it to him.  It's never pleasant to enter the house that has a "huge attitude" like wallpaper in EVERY room.  Right?  So, be gentle, respectful when he comes home.  Dirk has to deal with my big wart:  I can honestly say that "avoidance" has helped me out on many occasions for a while anyway.... but, it's really not the best tactic as it has a tendency to "out itself" on it's own.  The greatest tool to have in your tool chest if you are suddenly going through a storm together is:  wait for it:     TACT.  If you have tact with your partner, then you can keep communicating.  Okay, that's the first Hints to Make your Marriage Stronger In fact, that's just what I'll call these posts.  So, guys, if you really want to know how to make it a lifetime of joyful memories - just punch into this place for my very best "at bat".  I love you bigger than all of the raindrops X 1,000,006!  Auntie Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment