Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

My Most Perfect Day Thus Far

So, most of you all know about the stuff with Dirk's flying and it's been a huge honking ordeal around here for, like, a year now or something... Anyway, Saturday presented itself the most lovely of fall mornings - trees changing color just bursting with pride all over St. Louis and temperature was just pristine for outdoor activity and all day, Eden and Dirk were like two little honeybees.... just buzzing here together and buzzing there together and whenever I walked out to the driveway to see Dirk talking to a Russian "driver" about picking he and Eden up, I was more than a little curious about what in the world was going on.  So, it's about 4:30 p.m. and the day is slowly going away and it's time for me to take JD to work so we head off together.  On the way, I actually started to tear up because I was sure that Dirk wasn't gonna take me to see Styx or Journey or Foreigner (all bands that I love dearly) at the concert that evening which was promised to be under a night sky for the memory books.  Once we drove up to JD's work, I saw Dirk and Eden sitting in this little table outside nursing drinks, so I joined them.  I was wondering why they were there...... they certainly seem like they are in a very GOOD mood - Eden looks just like she swallowed a Canary! :)  After sitting at the table for like, 20 minutes, finally, they pulled me across the street to show me - sitting there all by herself - a custom 250 Vespa Vingage in Portafino Green with my name on it!!!!!! and a white bow!   OMG! OMG! OMG!  That's right, it's OCTOBER and I've been married for 27 years to Peter Pan.... so glad I did that!


I drove off at 5:00 and came home around 11:00 p.m. that nite under the stars was way more glorious with Styx, Journey, and Foreigner playing in my ears while riding up and all over the world!!  For me, the question of "why on Earth would a mother, a woman with common sense, put herself in such danger"?  It's simple, really, when I get on my Vespa (her name is Flo now - cause I want to Go with Flo)  You know that feeling right before you ...... climax? WELL THAT FEELING LASTS FOR THE ENTIRE RIDE!  Now do you understand?  My wonderful hubby and kids gave me the most fun and joyful toy i've ever had for my 27th Wedding Anniversary!  Dirk - you are still "the bomb" to me, honey, thank you so very, very much!!  I love you bigger even!  

 
Lovely cry picture - but what can I say.


Here is where I actually realized that it was indeed mine - hand on womb means it's a big deal...


 I can't feel my legs!


Best Day ever Lived thus Far!

No comments:

Post a Comment