Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful Things



As I prepare for the holidays again this year, a few things strike me as different.  I am more thankful this year than I have ever been.  and for the right things, too.  Those of you who are reading this already know that I have been sans-family for a real long time.  Not my immediate family, Dirk, JD, Eden and Higgins, but the other blood relative family on my side.  For many years, the thought of holiday gatherings, sent me into such depression it wasn't even possible to describe.  Every holiday gathering I tried to participate in seemed so completely different than the ones that I grew up with.  Both good and bad differences, too.  Not having anyone to verify that, believe it or not, I WAS once a child has been, up until now, really hard for me.  Then it happened.  I just gave all of that despair away one day.  I just decided that for me to really gain an appreciation of God's grace to me - I needed to show grace to my own mother and just let it all go.

I picked up the phone and called Ramona the other day and gave her a gift of "good news" regarding myself and my family.  Basically, let her know that we were all healthy and happy.   Never mind how the conversation ended, what is important is how it began.... and it began with the giving and receiving of a precious gift - forgiveness.  

I am grateful that God showed me this valuable gift.  Forgiveness is given to those who wish to move forward.  

I am grateful for my husband.  I am grateful for all that he is to me in my eyes and in my heart.  He has always forgiven me anything and I will always offer to him my gratitude.   He is a Godly man and gives me many reasons to be thankful of my choice in him.  I am also very grateful that God saw fit to return to Dirk his medical so that he can once again bust bugs on his windshield!  The FAA returning his medical - the hugest thing to my husband!  Go God!  Go Dirk!


I am grateful for my son.  JD is a person that I desire to spend time with - any and all the time he is willing to share with me, that is.  I am so proud to know him and be his mother.   He is deep waters and that is where I feel the most at peace (in deep water).

I am grateful for my daughter.  Eden is such a joy to my soul!  Her common sense, her nature and her sense of "who she is" is all so amazing!  I love that she isn't impressed much.   People seem to try a bit harder in her presence as a result.  I respect who my daughter is and I will stand beside her in her life always wanting to be there.

I am grateful for my dog Higgins.  Don't laugh.  He is really a fantastic dog.  Above and beyond stuff over here with Higgins.  Best dog in the whole universe.

I am grateful for my mother-in-law.  Donna has given me the example of how a mother loves in all circumstances.   I am so thankful for her deep love for JD and Eden and the willingness to do whatever is needed to help us in our tiny family.  We wouldn't be us without Donna!  

I am thankful for my friends.  My happiness wouldn't be possible if not for the many many friends who help us raise our family.  It takes the love of many to raise a good and decent "one" believe me.  Thank you all for listening to my woes and laughing with us!  We all know how important it is to have people who love and support us!  Thank you all so much!

God Bless us All Please.   
Peace.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment