Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Ghostbusting Weekend with Mellie

OMG!  Mellie (she is a great friend from Cessna)  and I decided enough with all the economic B.S. - or the fact that Cessna now finds it too costly to arrange for us to get together, post 9-11 stuff and the fact that we are no longer a GREEN company so we planned a girl weekend in Kansas City to ghostbust over the Halloween weekend.  I know, kinda cheesy, but hey - we can have fun just giving ourselves facials so, at least, we would be promised out of the room!!  We checked into the Hotel Savoy and, according to A LOT of people, it's haunted.  Supposedly, room 505 or something a lady drowned herself in the bathtub.  A claw foot one, in fact.  So, checked into 545 and it was the most beautiful Victorian Suite with a claw foot bath in one bathroom - the other didn't have a tub.  and Stained Glass enclosed master bed with a sitting lounge and fireplace just lined and lined with great big huge enormous windows covered in lace.   Can you just see this place, it was nice.  The ceiling is like 11 ft it felt way the hell up.  A very luxurious place given the age of the place.  Built in like the 1850's and it has a bunch of history of being a Speak Easy and such with Gangsters.....

Melanie and I planned at 10:00 p.m. to attend the Missouri Paranormal Assoc.'s Haunted Tour being conducted at the John Warnall House close to the Plaza.  So, at 10:00 p.m. we drove up to quite the set up.  The Paranormal Society was taking $50.00 per person to let you be there during one of their routine "investigations" during which, a guy named Harvey would be called by telephone and he would then let us know if, any spirits were present with us that nite.  The house felt like really "nothing" was going on in there and it just seemed to get sillier and sillier and I, quite frankly, thought Harvey was a fake.  My reasons for thinking this are as follows:  When Rob (the Para. Soc. leader) asked Harvey if "Roma" (a spirit they thought they recognized) was associated in some way with the history of the house?  Harvey, began to say "ooohh   ahhhh Yes..... something is coming in ..... yes, Wilma is associated with the history of the Woernald House!"   I mean, that's it precisely!  So, the next room was Rob's new machine called the Spirit Box that was supposed to Seek Spirits wanting to talk to us by randomly stopping on various fm and am frequencies.  Picture yourself going down the road in your car and you hit the Seek button on the radio..... it jumps around and lands randomly on a station..... for a second and then it's off again...... well..   if a word jumped out like :stop:  Rob would say "did you hear that?  it said for us to stop" he doesn't like it when we do this........    okay.......  so Mellie and I said we had to pee and exited FOREVER!  tee hee!

Now the story gets a lot better.........

We drove back and it was like 1:30 a.m. or close to 2:00 a.m. and we were laughing about our most recent debacle feeling a little like Lucy and Ethel, we were laughing and clinging on to each other in the dark nite without much moon.  Walking into the Savoy that nite - I felt like someone was walking in with us.  Once back in the room, I told Mellie that I needed to go downstairs and smoke my goodnite cigarette and asked if she would mind and be "okay".  She said, of course, and so away I went down to the stairs out front where I smoked and saw not one human body on the street or in the hotel.  I walked back in and when I was approaching the elevator to push the button (which this elevator had always required prior to lumbering to me) the door dinged and opened sitting empty.  I was startled at the "automaticness" of this door and I snapped a photo of the empty elevator.  I felt the presence of a "lonely older lady and I also felt like she was wishing I would just go back and be fun again with my friend.  She made me feel as if having my friend was the most valuable thing she wanted.  I turned to the empty elevator and said "thanks for getting the elevator for me" and went back to having fun with Mellie that nite.  The Cardinals WON THE WORLD SERIES!  Yeah!  We had so much fun together and she and I will now have many reasons to continue our ghost busting adventures...... check out the face in the photo on the right in the picture that I took of the elevator that was completely EMPTY!



 

1 comment:

  1. Old friends are real treasures. I'm so glad the two of you enjoyed your time together. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete