Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our Status on the Move to Texas

Hey everyone who is reading this must be interested so, here goes....


As most of you know, Cessna decided to transfer Dirk to Texas and give us an opportunity to hopefully sell a lot more airplanes!  They agreed to move us and so we have successfully sold our home here in St. Louis (in 7 days!) due to an angel named, Gloria!   She helped me successfully "Stage" our home and BELIEVE me when I say it's the ONLY REASON that we sold this home this quickly!  We completely removed all of the clutter, there was not a spot or speck of dust anywhere - new paint - new bathrooms - new carpet - all worth it as we were very close to our asking price in just a few days and came out ahead.  PRAISE GOD!  


We have a hard move date of August 12th (packing begins) and we physically move on the 15th of August.  


Dirk and I just returned from a trip to the Hill Country next to San Antonio, Austin and we have decided to live in Boerne, Texas!  We have many reasons for this decision and feel like God worked so amazingly to show us that answer.  Yes, I found a house, but .... No, I don't know if it will work..... so..... it's possible that we could be in furnished executive housing for 3 months until Dirk and I can decide whether or not we can beat the $94.00 a square foot cost to buy old and build new..... see the issue?  So, of course, I'm asking for opinions here people... I don't waste time and, in a nutshell, it takes a lot of consideration.


We, as a family, are entertaining people.  Love it more than life itself to have a full house and busy bees running to and fro...... I will always be that way as will Dirk.  So, it makes sense to us to buy a property that we know grandkiddos would want to visit one day.  It's all about the grandkids when you are so close to becoming "empty nesters".... hahahaha!  Believe me - it won't be but a snap of my finger and another 14 years will have gone by and I will want that house for my growing family.   But, my dad has always said "it's so much easier on everyone to live slightly within your means than it is by far to live slightly outside your means".....   truth!  I don't want us to get "debted up" and I, at the same time, want to invest very wisely in this real estate transaction because owning land in Texas where we are intending to own can be a real big value over time for our children's inheritance one day.  


The Boerne decision came through a contact we made in real estate.  Once he heard Eden's story, he was impressed enough to assure me that he lived in the same neighborhood as the Superintendant of the school district as well as worshipped with the Board members and he promised me that she would get fair representation regarding being allowed to join up with her school's competitive varsity cheer team.  Remember friends, they KILL MOM's in Texas for attempting to do what we are going to try to do for my sweet little honey bee!  She should not be penalized in this situation - if it means that she could begin to lose her eyesight again.    The doctors at Mayo told us that the longer Eden stays at her current level of activity she will continue to keep whatever was causing her to lose her  vision at bay!  We all know that to simply "replace" her current activity on her own or me trying to get her motivated to jump up and down for hours a day screaming and flipping all over kingdom come would be futile to say the least :)  so I really need to help her cause Eden deserves and  needs the loving and compassionate understanding that she gives to others on this.  Okay - off of my soapbox!


Thanks for your interest and advice - I value, more than gold - both our friendships and your loving opinions.  


We are always excited Dirk and I to be taking a little risk in our lives and grabbing a hold of opportunity as it presents itself.  We have been married now 28 years and have learned that our personal situations have ALWAYS improved when we have "stepped outside of our comfort zone".  I hope this blesses you.  I love you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment