Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm 50! Now What?

I'm 50!  Now What?.......

The time has flown by.... at times.  With all that is presently going on, it's almost too much to acknowledge that I will be 50 years old tomorrow.  No fan fair - just a quiet dinner, with Chef John and the Entre Underground gang.  Chef John has graciously offered to let JD assist him for this dinner so that JD can say he cooked my dinner :)  isn't that nice?  I thought so.  There will also be about 60 0ther people enjoying this dinner, so let's hope he can actually do it :)  I know he can - JD really has a great palate and imagination to make a fantastic chef.  Who knows? This may lead to a career for JD in the art of cuisine.  That would be a terrific birthday after all.  As for a birthday wish - it is as follows:

I wish that our house will sell within a month so that Dirk will be happy.  I wish that we can find a suitable home to buy and retire in somewhere in Texas near San Antonio.  I wish that we can reconnect with many friends we had to leave behind 30 years ago.  I can't imagine how wonderful it would/could be to reconnect with all of these couples that Dirk and I started our life together with.  Michelle and Peter, Betty and Marshall, Mike and Mignon, Tyler and Anne Greenfield, Tom and Miranda Darr, Robert and Denise Fletcher, etc..... that would be so cool - to be able to sit around our pool (I want a pool real bad :) and bring us all up to date on the last 30 years - including the raising of our children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment