Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Eden's Eye Update......


Sorry - had to show you my new ride first :)



Eden's eye situation in a nutshell is as follows:

We are going to the God of the Universe at Mayo Clinic, Rochester (the original Mayo Clinic) and no one knows why Eden's optic nerve seems to be rapidly aging.  Her right eye's optic nerve looks like a 100 year old that lived in the middle of the desert.  That is quoting the doctor.  She is going blind.   It's slow - she is on so much prednisone it's awful for her because she is not at all emotional but the prednisone keeps her in, like, a constant state of PMS..... doesn't that sound fun? She and I are both joined at the hip emotionally but at the same time I'm trying to give her "freedom" and she is, at times, making stupid decisions regarding her freedom - but nothing that constitutes "punishment"..... It's a bit frustrating, but she really IS my personal hero. Without her "common sense" I couldn't have walked out of stuff that I have. She is asking me the hard questions, like...... Mom, will I need to freeze some of my eggs in case the medicine is screwing up my kids"....... wow! and, my personal favorite, one she delivered to me RIGHT as we were arriving at a cheerleading competition where I couldn't respond to her question for about 12 hours..... "what if I'm in a wheelchair and you have to take care of me forever"......  that fear I didn't even know existed.... inside my sweet Eden..... can't you just fall into those eyes of hers?  I do all the time.... I WANT to be BIG in MY DAUGHTER'S EYES!  She is amazing!

I claim the line I used the 1st 1,000 times once again...... 99% of what we worry about, never happens.  I vow to you and to her and to God that I'm listening to docs and reading whatever I can and listening to friends over here.  If anyone has any suggestions....... I'm listening..... ear to the ground over here........ :)



No comments:

Post a Comment