Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Most Fun I've Ever Had in a Guy's Basement!



Yes.... this is JD's room.... he has the only decent computer in the house..... of course.... anyway, I thought it would be funny if I made the above picture his screensaver..... how frightening is that?  I know, right?!  Me and those banging arms just taunting him when he powers up.... tee hee!

So, a friend-emy or however you spell that one (?) facebooked me the other day and she was like, "hey, my husband has started a rock band with his brother.... yadda...yadda.... and I need to tell as many people as I can that the band sort of needs an audience.... so, if you are AVAILABLE on FRIDAY NITE??? huh?  BACK UP.... REWIND!

Well, Friday nite comes, and I just know that when I tell my husband about what exactly it IS that I'm leaving the house in sleet to go do, he is just gonna .........(put your tounge as hard to the left cheek as possible and hold there) .......that would certainly be his face, which it was..... he was so, like., "that's fine, I'm just gonna hang out here  and just be home and comfortable tonight"...... wow!  That was pulling out the big guns on me, right there!  I was soooooo tempted to just bail on this friend and she would, obviously, have understood.  But, I found myself passing the HUMONGOUS GREEN BRIDGE to St. Charles the other nite and when I turned onto the street where this little shin dig was going down - GUYS!  THERE WERE LIKE 50 cars everywhere on all of the streets - seemed like I was arriving at the most popular party in all of West County!  Now, I was ready for some old time rock and roll!

Only, I had no idea what to expect out of a band comprised COMPLETELY out of ENGINEERS!  They all seemed very "engineery" when I saw them, I will say, that was utterly consistent.   And, by that I only mean that engineers have always been the SMART people at the table when I've hung with any.... it just seemed EXTREMELY inspirational to me that here were people who normally work in an office with bright lights and lots of numbers sort of thing, and, in their off time...... did you get that....?  In their off time, they were stretching each other to PERFORM in front of others because each of those band members told me that nite that inside every one of them was a BURNING DESIRE to PERFORM!  WOW!

So, the guy's (whose basement) I was in was apparently the Boss of some of the other band members and about a year ago they got together and began playing their teens "rock band" in the basement and from that..... they encouraged each other with "I'll buy a real instrument and learn how to play it, if you will" and, ........ did I mention they did 3 SETS that nite - I was front and center until the lead guitarist asked me to pick my glass off the little table........ and then he jumped up and did the best solo EVER!  Just cheeks a BLAZIN!  IT WAS SO INSPIRATIONAL FOR ME THAT NITE TO SEE THIS!

The 2 singers of the band were found on Craigs List.  I couldn't stop now, I had to know their back story and both of them shared weight loss - a lot of weight loss in common!  Each of them always thought they could carry a tune and drop it like it's hot.... so they just tried and now they are in a rock band..... that, OMGosh you have got to listen to this one...... I've never really been much of a Pink Floyd fan but only because every single young man I've ever known just shoves it at us girls.... so, of course..... it's like NO!  anyway, the ENGINEERS added A LASER SHOW while they were playing Dark Side of the Moon!  It was THE MOST FUN THAT I'VE EVER HAD IN A GUYS BASEMENT!   Hey!  If anyone needs an invite to this party, I happen to know a guy, who knows a girl...........!

Be inspired by those around you and be sure to know if this guy is in your neighborhood!  You'll know by all of the cars everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment